Carabao DIY Machine Translation Kit 0.29
Carabao (full name: Carabao Do-It-Yourself Machine Translation Kit) is a completely open machine translation toolkit. It allows creation of your own machine translation interlingua-modeled databases and using them on-the-fly. Unique capabilities of Carabao and effective data entry allow using it as a testbed for linguistic models and creation of specialized dictionaries. Features include:
* Faster and more nuance-tolerant word entry.
* Style sensitivity and control - ability to reshape the result so it will bear the same meaning but in different style. For example, the user may write a phrase using common words in French, and the program would translate it into official style in English.
* Model and entities are grammar-independent and are suitable for any language without the need to reprogram or even recompile. Lexical data is stored in transactional database.
* Interlingual approach to storing lexical data.
* Descriptive mini-language for collocations, rules and idioms that allows effective handling of lexical holes.
* Inline conversion of measures.
* Built-in customized instant dictionary printing capability.
* Built-in thesaurus for words and idioms found in the processed text.
* Ability to trace the translation process.
Carabao architecture and general concepts are somewhat similar to architecture of Ariane system created by Vauquois & Boitet in 1985. (Although during Carabao's creation the author didn't know that.) Hopefully it will take off from the point where Ariane stopped because of the untimely death of Bernard Vauqois (ambitious, I know). |
||Updated:||7 Feb 2005|
|Size:||977 KB||Our rating:||Not rated yet|
|Download our picks|
|Download most popular|
Sound Normalizer ver. 2.76|
| ||The Sound Normalizer improves and regains a quality of Mp3
and Wav (PCM 8, 16, 24, 32 bits, DSP, GSM, I...|
3gpMobile ver. 1.0.6|
| ||3gpMobile is a powerful tool to convert various video formats
to 3gp or 3gp2 for your cellular, pda or ...|